Why grandmas soaked mangoes in water before eating

Related Articles

Here are some more reasons why we should keep soaking mangoes in water before eating them:

  • Getting rid of phytic acid

Phytic acid is one of those nutrients that has both positive and negative health effects. Phytic acid is an anti-nutrient that prevents the body from absorbing certain minerals such as iron, zinc, calcium, and other minerals, causing mineral deficiencies.
Mangoes, according to nutritionists, contain phytic acid, a natural chemical found in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and even nuts. When mangoes are soaked in water for a few hours, the excess phytic acid that causes heat in the body is removed.

  • Washing away chemicals

Pesticides and insecticides, which are used to protect crops, are harmful and can cause a variety of adverse effects in the body, including respiratory tract irritation, allergic sensitization, headache, eye and skin irritation, nausea, and so on. It also eliminates the phytic acid-containing milky fluid from its stem by soaking.

  • Avoiding diseases

Soaking fruits in water will get rid of heat principle from them. This process is followed so that they do not cause side effects like diarrhoea and skin problems like acne

  • Busting fat

Phytochemicals abound in mangoes. Soaking them lowers their concentration, allowing them to function as “natural fat busters.”

  • Keeping it cool

Mangoes also cause thermogenesis, which is the process of raising the body’s temperature. Soaking mangoes in water for a few minutes can assist to reduce their thermogenic properties.

More on this topic

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Popular stories