Rum is a liquor distilled from sugarcane . The sugar may be either pure sugarcane molasses or sugarcane juice. No matter the base, the underlying flavor profile of rum is a sweet.
Which is best rum?
- Best Overall: Mount Gay Black Barrel.
- Best White Rum: Ten To One White Rum.
- Best Dark Rum: Plantation Xaymaca Special Dry.
- Best for Sipping: Barrell Rum “Tale Of Two Islands” 8 Year.
The 3 Types of Rum and Why You Need Them
- White Rum – Think Cocktails. Rum is made from sugarcane.
- Dark Rum – If It’s Aged, Try It Neat. Most likely you are already aware that spirits tend to darken in color with age.
- Spiced Rum – Classic Cuba Libre.