Colostrum is the first form of milk from mammals including humans. It is a super food for your immune system especially in your growing infant. Most expecting mother’s experiencing this leakage by the end of the first trimester or the beginning of the second trimester.
When you are three to four months into your pregnancy your breast starts preparing a milk like fluid called colostrum.
At the beginning of your pregnancy, colostrum will appear thick, creamy, and yellowish. As you approach child birth this fluid will turn white.
Benefits of colostrum;
- Its the first milk that should be fed to the baby after birth. It provides clean nutrients in a concentrated form and is equal for filling a new born’s stomach.
- It has laxative effects that help in a babies first bowel movement and prevents jaundice by expelling bilirubin from your babies body.
- it is referred to as white blood as it provides large amount of living cells which makes babies immune system strong
- An infants intestines are very leaky. colostrum seals the holes in the gastrointestinal tract with a barrier that prevents most foreign proteins from penetrating the gut.
- It also helps in in the growth of your babies nervous system.
Also Read – Facts About Pregnancy