- Advertisement -
Here are 10 useful kitchen tips, tricks and ideas to make everyday cooking easy and convenient:
- Never store Onions and Potatoes together because both produce a gas that causes either of them to spoil quickly.
- Put two or three orange leaves in your hot palm oil on the fire. Let the leaves turn black before removing it. By then your palm oil becomes pure groundnut oil also giving your food a nice taste.
- To avoid feeling a peppering hotness on your hands after cutting pepper with bare hand scrub your hand with salt and red oil then wash it.
- If you happen to over salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.
- If your Soup or Stew goes sour while warming it, add little piece of Charcoal and remove after warming, the taste will come back.
- Never put citrus fruits (oranges, lemon, lime, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperature degrades the aroma and flavor of these fruits.
- When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky.
- If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few grains of rice in with it to absorb excess moisture.
- To reuse cooking oil without tasting whatever was cooked in the oil previously, cook a 1/4″ piece of ginger in the oil. It will remove any remaining flavors and odors.
- No one’s really sure why, but crumpling up newspaper and stacking it into smelly Tupperware overnight has been known to finally get rid of bad odors. Just make sure to thoroughly wash your containers after the fact, as newspapers aren’t exactly clean.
So the next time you are cooking try these useful kitchen tips and tricks and level up your cooking game.
ALSO READ :HOW WAS MENSTRUATION HANDLED IN THE MEDIEVAL TIMES
- Advertisement -